GCP Data Engineer
Fusemachines is a leading AI strategy, talent, and education services provider. Founded by Sameer Maskey Ph.D., Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University, Fusemachines has a core mission of democratizing AI. With a presence in 4 countries (Nepal, the United States, Canada, and the Dominican Republic and more than 250 full-time employees). Fusemachines seeks to bring its global expertise in AI to transform companies around the world.
This is a full-time position
- Design and develop high-performance data architectures, which support data warehousing, real-time ETL, and batch big-data processing
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Science, Data analysts, and data scientists to implement rich and re-usable datasets/metrics
- Care about architecture, observability, testing, and building reliable infrastructure and pipelines
- Conduct Discovery of existing Data Infrastructure and Proposed Architecture
- Evaluate, design, and implement the data pipelines, data lineage, and data governance frameworks that are suitable for a modern analytics solution, considering industry-standard best practices and patterns.
- Data migration (if needed)
- Assess best practices and design a schema that matches business needs for delivering a modern analytics solution (descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, prescriptive)
- Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create Ideas, and be assertive
Requirements for the role:
Must have either:
- 5+ years of real-world development experience working with Google Data Products (BigQuery) or
- 5+ years of expertise in SAS programming skills and the ability to implement complex data step logic and SQL or
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
- Experience with big data tools
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, MongoDB, ElasticSearch
- Expert knowledge of SQL, Python, and database patterns and practices
- Experience with Spark/PySpark and other streaming data pipelines
- Nice to have experience in Azure and SAP
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Differences make us better.