Fusemachines is a leading AI strategy, talent, and education services provider. Founded by Sameer Maskey Ph.D., Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University, Fusemachines has a core mission of democratizing AI. With a presence in 4 countries (Nepal, the United States, Canada, and the Dominican Republic and more than 250 full-time employees) Fusemachines seeks to bring its global expertise in AI to transform companies around the world.
AI Instructor, Fusemachines AI Education
Part-time initially; 2-3 Hours per week
August 23, 2021, till Dec. 22, 2021
"Introduction to AI" Class times are M, W - 9:48 am -10:33 am EDT
● Effectively instruct the Fusemachines Inc. copyrighted AI academic content to grade 11-12 high school, students
● Initially, the Instructor will teach full semester for-credit courses: “Introduction to Artificial Intelligence”
● Fusemachines’ academic content encompasses lectures and hands-on programming, which are captured in slides, videos, programming/coding projects, assignments, quizzes, exams, teacher’s guide, and student self-study materials.
● The instruction will be delivered in live classes via our proprietary easy-to-use virtual learning platform Fuse Classroom, and programming will be taught on Google Colab.
● The Instructor must competently engage learners via Forum, Chat, team-based projects, and regular communication.
● Use best-practice to assess the accomplishments of learners against desired outcomes and communicate progress to learners, Fusemachines Inc. and Fusemachines’ client-partner schools.
● Assist Fusemachines and our client-partner schools in implementing all policies and rules governing the learners’ conduct to ensure a safe and orderly learning environment.
● Compensation. Hourly based on qualifications.
Studying for or achieved a Masters or Ph.D. degree in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering from an accredited college/university.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
● At a minimum, 2 years of experience as a full-time or part-time instructor of at least two out of three learner segments described above.
● 1-2 years of full-time or part-time professional experience at a notable for-profit or not-for-profit organization as an AI specialist, such as Machine Learning engineer,
Computer Vision Engineer, Data Scientist, Natural Language Processing Engineer – a strong plus.
● Highly effective communication, listening, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
● A respectful and inclusive mindset with work with Fusemachines’ team members from different cultures and countries.
The Senior Instructor, Fusemachines AI Education must:
● Respect the confidentiality of private information relating to learners, Fusemachines’ client-partner schools, and Fusemachines, Inc. The Instructor will execute a Confidential/Non-disclosure Agreement and Non-compete Agreement as part of the employment process.
● Refrain from establishing close relationships with colleagues, learners, Fusemachines’ client-partner schools that would compromise professional integrity.
● Demonstrate responsibility and punctuality.
● Be willing to consider and implement suggestions for improvement.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.