Senior Backend Python Engineer
Fusemachines is a leading AI strategy, talent, and education services provider. Founded by Sameer Maskey Ph.D., Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University, Fusemachines has a core mission of democratizing AI. With a presence in 4 countries (Nepal, the United States, Canada, and the Dominican Republic and more than 250 full-time employees). Fusemachines seeks to bring its global expertise in AI to transform companies around the world.
This is a remote full-time consulting position.
- Understands multithreading, locks, and queues very well.
- Writes reusable, testable, and efficient code (with a huge emphasis on testable code).
- Communicate about complex technical, architectural, and organizational problems and propose comprehensive iterative solutions.
- Design and develop scalable and secure APIs.
- Understands best practices for security and data protection.
Requirements for the role:
- 7+ years of experience in Python development.
- Code guru in Python.
- Experience designing scalable and secure APIs, and are a proponent of API-first development.
- Experience with various authentication methods and technologies.
- Strong knowledge of database, schema designing and SQL.
- Knowledge of SQLAlchemy and related libraries is a plus.
- Python data science and machine learning libraries, such as SciKitLearn, Theano, NumPy, SciPy, and Panda.
- Experience with Python frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask, FastAPI)
- Strong unit test and debugging skills with experience in frameworks like PyTest, Unittest.
- Experience with distributed data processing using queues and schedulers.
- Knowledge source code control tools (GIT is ideal and what we use!).
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Differences make us better.