System Admin Engineer
Fusemachines is a leading AI strategy, talent, and education services, provider. Founded by Sameer Maskey Ph.D., Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University, Fusemachines has a core mission of democratizing AI. With a presence in 4 countries (Nepal, the United States, Canada, and the Dominican Republic and more than 250 full-time employees) Fusemachines seeks to bring its global expertise in AI to transform companies around the world.
- Server Management
- Network Management
- Technical Support
- To manage electric power & inverters
Qualification and Experience
- Intermediate level or above and training in the related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the related field
- Experience with networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, Subnetting
- Experience with Cloud, preferably in AWS.
- RHCSA or RHCE certification preferred.
- Ability to quickly understand and work with new technologies.
- Ability to work in a team environment to learn things quickly and pick up new skills with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Sound knowledge of hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Citrix, Virtual Box, Vagrant)
- Knowledge of automation software (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Knowledge of scripting skills (e.g. Python, Shell Scripts, Perl, Ruby).
- Good communication, learning skills and effective team player.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail/s.
- Fun, positive attitude and a healthy desire for collaboration.
- Pride in your work and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Must be energetic and dynamic
- Monitor, Maintain & Manage Local Linux and Windows servers.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with other team members to implement those fixes.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Maintain security, software backups, and assist in preparing redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Manage and monitor all installed network systems and infrastructure.
- Perform R&D work on any given task related to their duties and responsibilities.
- Prepare for technical training for coworkers and office staff.
- Prepare and validate various reports related to day-to-day tasks, incident reports, monthly reports, and all other technical documentation as assigned in due time.
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
- Submit daily job reports and other reports in due time.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints with dynamic requirements.
- Willing to work during odd working hours.
- Assist to liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Deliver high-quality engineering support to office staff and assist in company events.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support.
- Perform all other technical and documentation duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.