VP of Finance and Operations
Fusemachines is a leading AI strategy, talent, and education services provider. Founded by Sameer Maskey Ph.D., Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University, Fusemachines has a core mission of democratizing AI. With a presence in 4 countries (Nepal, the United States, Canada, and the Dominican Republic and more than 250 full-time employees) Fusemachines seeks to bring its global expertise in AI to transform companies around the world.
Fusemachines seeks a seasoned, dynamic VP of Finance and Operations to oversee and execute the company's financial operations. Reporting to the CEO, the right candidate will bring best practices and solid hands-on skills in strategic planning and analysis, accounting operations, and financial management, but most importantly, will take an active role in supporting the daily growth of our company. We are looking for a leader who is comfortable in a scaling startup environment and will work with our leadership team to drive results.
- Lead financial planning and analysis to provide strategic decision support to company leadership
- Manage budgeting and planning, forecasting, financial modeling, and reporting; own the financial model and rebuild it as necessary for multiple product lines
- Oversee the company’s accounting function, including revenue management, payables, A/R and collections, costing, asset management, and taxes
- Lead communication and reporting to the Board of Directors and Investors regarding the company’s financial performance and operations
- Own standard financial statements, including balance sheet, P&L, and statement of cash flows, including preparation for board meetings
- Calculate and predict burn and accurately present current and future cash position.
- Oversee and recommend efficient use and implementation of accounting and billing systems and controls
- Track the core metrics that are essential to the health of business and translate to the metrics into compelling fundraising story.
- Support corporate finance activities, including venture capital fundraising
- Be a key promoter of using data to drive decisions; support and enable reporting, distribution of data, and analysis of key business metrics
- Hire and develop a high-performance Finance team
- Support the company’s international expansion
- 7+ years of progressive experience in financial planning and analysis; ideal candidate will also have experience in accounting
- Working knowledge of Startup company financial metrics, with experience in the field
- Experience leading a rapidly scaling startup or technology organization through different stages of the company lifecycle (early stage, Series A, Series B, growth stage, IPO/acquisition, etc.)
- Ability to represent the company’s financial operations to the Board and address Board questions as they arise
- Background in corporate finance, venture-backed startups, M&A, or other high-growth, entrepreneurial environments
- Experience and proficiency in SaaS accounting & billing systems
- MBA is strongly preferred
- Accounting degree a plus
- Fluency in Spanish a plus (company has operations in LATAM).
- Attractive base salary plus performance-based sales commission plan
- Equity Options
- Qualify to join benefit plans including medical, paid vacation/sick days
- Joining a successful technology start-up at a growing and exciting phase
Fusemachines is an equal opportunity employer.