Software Engineer (Node JS)
Fusemachines is a leading AI strategy, talent, and education services, provider. Founded by Sameer Maskey Ph.D., Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University, Fusemachines has a core mission of democratizing AI. With a presence in 4 countries (Nepal, the United States, Canada, and the Dominican Republic and more than 250 full-time employees) Fusemachines seeks to bring its global expertise in AI to transform companies around the world.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have completed a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar
- At least 4 years of work experience in a related field
- Have 4+ years of prior experience in roles that include front-end and back-end development
- 3+ years experience using MongoDB
- 2+ years experience using Node.js
- Good knowledge of Node.js frameworks.
- Enjoy rapid development environments - we push code multiple times per day
- Have advanced experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Good knowledge of user authentication and authorization and application security.
- Proven ability to work with large volumes of data
- Have worked in an environment where developers have written tests and shared ownership of code
- Understanding Mobx, Redux, React hooks, Typescript is a plus
- Knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP and their services
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools
- Develop, implement and test features that satisfy requirements of product, monitor and maintain existing products.
- Work with backend team, UI/UX and design teams, frontend teams, and help integrate all the components as per requirements
- Experience with creating RESTful API and GraphQL with Node.js and popular Node.js frameworks.
- Communicate with clients to gather requirements and provide technical solutions
- Help analyze task, procedure, and process with the best solution possible
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Deploying and monitoring application
- Provide proper guidance and supervision of subordinate engineers and their work.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.