Senior Backend Engineer
Fusemachines is a leading AI strategy, talent, and education services provider. Founded by Sameer Maskey Ph.D., Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University, Fusemachines has a core mission of democratizing AI. With a presence in 4 countries (Nepal, the United States, Canada, and the Dominican Republic and more than 250 full-time employees) Fusemachines seeks to bring its global expertise in AI to transform companies around the world.
Fusemachines is looking to hire an enthusiastic and hardworking junior recruiter to assist with our recruiting activities as we build a network of engineers in LATAM.
- Architect, develop and optimize core Voice microservice stack
- Own core backend tooling, focusing on the system’s integration, configuration, lifecycle, and event management.
- Enable modular, reusable, testable, performant, and scalable code.
- Continuously push for and keep the high bar of development best practices: test coverage, design patterns, instrumentation, and self-documenting code
- Communicate about complex technical, architectural, and organizational problems and propose comprehensive iterative solutions.
- Address core design, performance, and stability issues across the stack and platform
- 5+ years of experience in Python coding.
- 3+ years of experience developing backend/server technologies in Python or equivalent language
- Experience designing APIs, and are a proponent of API-first development
- Strong experience in high-performance, server, and service programming. This includes distributed, multithreaded programming, database, and schema design, best practices for security, data protection, and performance monitoring and optimization.
- Experienced working in agile teams leveraging source control, CI/CD, telemetry, and test-driven methodology and tools.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.