Fusemachines is a leading AI strategy, talent, and education services provider. Founded by Sameer Maskey Ph.D., Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University, Fusemachines has a core mission of democratizing AI. With a presence in 4 countries (Nepal, the United States, Canada, and the Dominican Republic and more than 250 full-time employees) Fusemachines seeks to bring its global expertise in AI to transform companies around the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a part-time, fully remote, and contract position.
Qualification / Skill Set Requirement:
- 8+ years of real-world development experience with big-data platform (AWS required)
- A deep knowledge of a variety of AWS services like Lambda, Kinesis, S3, EC2, ECS/ECR, IAM, CloudWatch, Athena, etc
- Experience with big data tools
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, MongoDB, ElasticSearch
- Expert knowledge of SQL, Python, and database patterns and practices
- Experience with Spark/PySpark and other streaming data pipelines
- You have strong experience working with Amazon Web Services, certifications preferred
- Design and develop high-performance data architectures, which support data warehousing, real-time ETL, and batch big-data processing
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Science, Data analysts and Data scientists to implement rich and re-usable datasets/metrics
- Care about architecture, observability, testing, and building reliable infrastructure and pipelines
- Conduct Discovery on existing Data Infrastructure and Proposed Architecture
- Evaluate, design, and implement the data pipelines, data lineage, and data governance frameworks that are suitable for a modern analytics solution, considering industry-standard best practices and patterns.
- Data migration (if needed)
- Assess best practices and design a schema that matches business needs for delivering a modern analytics solution (descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, prescriptive)
- Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create Ideas, and be assertive
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.