Lead Data Scientist - Computer Vision / Bioengineering
Fusemachines is a leading AI strategy, talent, and education services provider. Founded by Sameer Maskey Ph.D., Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University, Fusemachines has a core mission of democratizing AI. With a presence in 4 countries (Nepal, the United States, Canada, and the Dominican Republic and more than 250 full-time employees) Fusemachines seeks to bring its global expertise in AI to transform companies around the world.
About the role
This is a remote, part-time consulting position
- Analyze 3D medical imaging datasets to develop predictive models to improve surgical outcomes
- Collaborate with product, science, engineering, and business development teams to build and bring to market advanced predictive models
- Provide technical leadership and expertise in computer vision, and data science in bioengineering
- Contribute to developing codebase with well-tested, production-ready code
Requirements for the role
- Applicants should have a Masters, PhD, or advanced training in applied mathematics, engineering, computer science, or a similar related field and should have a strong interest in medical imaging
- Candidates should be enthusiastic about developing and applying quantitative methods such as computational modeling, image processing or deep learning to problems in bioengineering
- Expertise with programming Python
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.