Fusemachines is a leading AI strategy, talent, and education services provider. Founded by Sameer Maskey Ph.D., Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University, Fusemachines has a core mission of democratizing AI. With a presence in 4 countries (Nepal, the United States, Canada, and the Dominican Republic and more than 250 full-time employees) Fusemachines seeks to bring its global expertise in AI to transform companies around the world.
AI Education division of Fusemachines Inc currently offers key AI courses to students at various levels such as high schools, colleges, and universities. It also offers AI Education training/workshop programs to enterprises in the US. Our partnering schools and colleges are located in underserved communities around the world and the United States.
Fusemachines seeks a seasoned, dynamic General Manager for its AI Education line of business to oversee the growth and success of AI Education product and services roll out across cities in the United States and around the world. This is a challenging but rewarding role that requires a diverse set of operational, analytical, marketing, community building, and leadership abilities. You will manage a team across multiple geographies for sales and delivery of AI Education products and services. We are looking for a leader who is comfortable in a scaling startup environment and will work with our leadership team to drive results. The General Manager must demonstrate the ability to effectively thrive within a matrix environment which relies on cross-functional teams to deliver objectives.
- Work with Executive team to come up with strategic plans for the business unit and provide a clear execution plan to achieve the vision on the growth of AI Education business line
- Build and develop strong relationships with cross-functional leaders (e.g. marketing, school relations, communications, AI, business development) and help define the goals and objectives of these teams at the local level
- Own growth of the AI Education business, driving execution to boost revenue in a dynamic, highly competitive space
- Identify and communicate needs for new courses and communicate with AI curriculum team
- Identify and communicate needs for new features in the platform to product/engineering teams
- Remove blockers, solve problems, and find a path forward through ambiguity, operating a dynamic and rapidly growing business across multiple geographies and communities
- Work with Marketing team, Demand Gen team, Ad team to run B2C and B2B campaigns to partner with schools and to drive enrollment for large MOOC type B2C AI courses
- Build the curriculum team for constantly adapting courses and local ops teams for delivery of courses
- Recruit managers that report to you at local level that will execute the mandates of your business line
- Create a fun, safe, collaborative, and high energy work culture while developing the next generation of leaders at Fusemachines
- Fulfill our mission of Democratizing AI by providing AI Education to the underserved communities around the world.
- Must have worked in leadership role for 3+ years in providing education product and services to schools/colleges or to the general public
- Deep insight of education industry with an understanding of trends in education
- Knowledge of AI is a plus
- Knowledge of AI Education will make your job application extremely competitive
- Strong strategic, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to innovate, develop and execute against all product initiatives.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions, work independently, and take initiative when appropriate.
- Creative thinking and flexibility – ability to multitask and handle pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize projects, as necessary.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Startup experience preferred.
- 3+ years relevant work experience in a leadership role in education industry
Fusemachines is an equal opportunity employer.