Backend Software Engineer
Fusemachines is a leading AI strategy, talent, and education services, provider. Founded by Sameer Maskey Ph.D., Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University, Fusemachines has a core mission of democratizing AI. With a presence in 4 countries (Nepal, the United States, Canada, and the Dominican Republic and more than 250 full-time employees) Fusemachines seeks to bring its global expertise in AI to transform companies around the world.
Qualification and Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent
Required Technical Skills
- Nest framework
- AWS services
- Collaborate with writing requirement specifications and design documents for a variety of development tasks including feature development, design specifications, and system integrations.
- Collaborate with developing applications to adhere to designs that support application requirements both for internal and external clients.
- Participate in planning, implementing new features, and maintaining existing features.
- Refactoring, debugging, testing, and implementing changes to existing applications to meet project requirements.
- Monitor the team practices for better code readability by encouraging the team to follow a defined code pattern, documentation process, naming convention, branch versioning, submitting updates, etc.
- Improving application performance and delivering quality and testing subordinate work as per the required benchmark and providing feedback whenever required. Continuous evaluation, discovery, and implementation of new technologies to maximize your efficiency and professional growth.
- Follow the industry trend and emerging technology and stay up to date by taking part in developer community programs like tech meetups, follow StackOverflow, attend webinars and so on.
- Conduct requirement analysis, timeline estimation, define number of manpower required, division of work, Sprint/Kanban planning.
- Monitor all the deliverables and resolve potential issues and challenges before it get escalated.
- Work under tight deadlines to deliver quality, robust output.
- Preparation, drafting, and review of software documentation and project reports to meet PM/TL/PL and client requirements.
- Deliver your research and training through internal and external client projects or through sharing knowledge among other engineers or subordinates.
- Willing to work in different time zone as per the client's availability.
- Identify and remove blockers (device issues, training needs) and give specific feedback (commit practices, coding standards, punctuality)
- Track the performance of the assigned subordinates and help steer their career direction.
- Consult/assist in projects if required
- Aligning individual performance expectations with organizational goals
- Participate in regular team meetings like Daily Standup, Sprint Planning, Regular Follow Ups, Retrospective Meetings, and so on.
- Understand the scope of the assigned tasks and make sure all the team members are on the same page
- Be accountable on regular updates and manage your subordinates accordingly.
- Respond to address any issues or challenges faced by clients
- Provide general administrative support to the organization. Like - Attendance, Work from-home sheets, Leave Request, FEES, Bi-Annual Review Forms,forms form etc.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.