Senior Data Engineer
Fusemachines is a leading AI strategy, talent, and education services provider. Founded by Sameer Maskey Ph.D., Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University, Fusemachines has a core mission of democratizing AI. With a presence in 4 countries (Nepal, the United States, Canada, and the Dominican Republic and more than 250 full-time employees). Fusemachines seeks to bring its global expertise in AI to transform companies around the world.
This is a remote full-time consulting position.
- Develop in-house ETL/ELT data pipelines and data science projects.
- Work with the Data Engineering team to design and develop data models.
- Provide key insights and analyses to senior stakeholders and executives.
- Collaborate with business users and decision-makers on their data needs.
Requirements for the role:
- Expert level experience with Python and SQL.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience with building Data pipelines using technologies AWS Glue.
- Strong hands-on experience with AWS Lambda, S3, Athena and Redshift.
- Analytical data modeling.
- Previous work with BI tools (such as Quicksight) is a big plus.
- Experience with Apache Airflow, dbt is good to have.
- Experience with containerization, docker and Kubernetes is a nice-to-have.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and communications skills (must be able to do basic technical writing)
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment and exhibit grace under pressure
- Ability to work effectively across teams and disciplines within the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Differences make us better.