VP of Talent Acquisition
Fusemachines is a leading AI strategy, talent, and education services provider. Founded by Sameer Maskey Ph.D., Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University, Fusemachines has a core mission of democratizing AI. With a presence in 4 countries (Nepal, the United States, Canada, and the Dominican Republic and more than 250 full-time employees). Fusemachines seeks to bring its global expertise in AI to transform companies around the world.
You are passionate about building out recruiting functions within an organization. You have experience attracting top engineering talent at all levels. You must feel comfortable speaking with senior executives and senior engineers and be able to carry a technical recruiting cycle from beginning to end. You will work closely with the recruiting, sales, and service teams.
About the Role:
As Fusemachines engages with engineers around the world, you will play a key role in attracting, talent mapping, sourcing and hiring key high calibre talent in the United States, Latin America, and South Asia. This is a full time, remote position.
We are looking for someone who understands how to build a pipeline through different sourcing methods, and understands how to quickly engage and progress candidates through the recruitment process. You will act as a technical resource and liaison for the teams involved in the recruitment process by providing feedback on candidates, interviews, and overall processes.
- Source top talent online to build a funnel of qualified engineering candidates for a quickly scaling and dynamic global team
- Oversee completion of projects and give advice and feedback to all teams
- Identify bottlenecks in the recruiting process and suggest solutions accordingly
- Conduct multiple interviews with technical candidates on a daily basis
- Coordinate with the Global Recruiting, Sales, and Service delivery teams to ensure that requests are fulfilled in a timely manner
- Design and maintain systems that guarantee punctual and delightful evaluation processes for our candidates
- Coordinate (using recruiting software & tracking systems) and communicate with internal stakeholders to guarantee headcount is filled on time
- Comply with and bolster data analysis systems to improve performance tracking once hired. Coordinating the various tasks to ensure a consistent data collection towards active sourcing, candidate application review, referral actioning, interview pass-through rates and hiring goals.
- Engage and captivate the interest of high-quality candidates and convert those candidates into hires
- Hire, build, and train other technical recruiters
- Create, teach, and foster diversity and inclusion best practices in all aspects of selection, assessment, and hiring
Qualifications & Characteristics
- At least 5 years of experience in technical recruiting
- At least 3 years of experience managing a team of recruiters
- Must be able to vet senior engineering talent
- Engineering background or degree in computer science (or related field)
- Curiosity about how to improve efficiency in attracting top engineers from around the world
- Active sourcing experience through platforms such as LinkedIn
- You drive results in a big way and can get things done. You are self-driven and have great independent follow-through
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, as well as good listening skills
- A self-starter who can accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Work with a smart, dynamic, and growing team
- Join an exciting venture with a super cool mission
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Differences make us better.