Fusemachines is a leading AI strategy, talent, and education services, provider. Founded by Sameer Maskey Ph.D., Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University, Fusemachines has a core mission of democratizing AI. With a presence in 4 countries (Nepal, the United States, Canada, and the Dominican Republic and more than 250 full-time employees) Fusemachines seeks to bring its global expertise in AI to transform companies around the world.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in large team/department-level management in the software engineering environment
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Management or related field
Required Skills/ Competencies
- Proven ability to recruit, develop and retain talent.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning & organizational skills.
- Highly adept at project/resource management in a demanding fast-changing environment with tight deadlines and scarce resources. Ability to multi-task is key.
- General understanding of machine learning: algorithms, evaluation procedures, frameworks and libraries will be a plus
- Software development experience with knowledge of software engineering best practices will be a plus point
- Manage and develop a department of high-performing machine learning engineers to keep them motivated, grow their technical expertise and meet their career aspirations
- Assist upper-level management and oversee departmental budget/initiatives/strategic planning (training, infrastructure, team engagement, hiring etc.)
- Collaborate with other department/team leads for cross-team (department) initiatives ( like hiring, marketing, customer success etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.