Cloud Database Migration Specialist
Fusemachines is a leading AI strategy, talent, and education services provider. Founded by Sameer Maskey Ph.D, Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University, Fusemachines has a core mission of democratizing AI. With a presence in 4 countries (Nepal, the United States, Canada, and the Dominican Republic and more than 250 full-time employees) Fusemachines seeks to bring its global expertise in AI to transform companies around the world.
About the role
This is a remote, consulting position
- Build, test and deploy Integrations to meet client requirements and document steps
- Support End to End testing of integrations of all the tools that clients use while migrating to a different database
- Implement integration plans and interface with testing teams to incorporate plans into the integration testing process
- Prepare and present functional design specifications and design project process flow
- Research, evaluate, recommend, and implement information technology that aligns with business needs and meets objectives
- Use holistic knowledge of all products in the information technology ecosystem to plan how new systems will be built and integrated
- Coordinates the scrum planning and development of Technical Program Backlog items development working closely with the scrum master and release
- Actively collaborate with multiple stakeholders in an agile environment across the business.
- Work in an agile, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with short release cycles.
- Oversee peer code reviews and provide active guidance and direction on development.
- Follow SDLC and Service/API development best practices while executing the tasks
- Build and maintain relationships with team members, management, key stakeholders and/or external contacts (vendors, etc.)
- Develop architectural documentation and/or artifacts for use in technology projects, mentoring, internal training, and product evaluation
Requirements for the role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a relevant field preferred
- 5 years + of industry experience
- Experience working as a Senior / Lead Solution Architect, migration specialist, DBA, Database Engineer, or similar role is required
- Should be comfortable with one or more cloud architecture like GCP, AWS, azure and/or others
- Knowledge of one or more relational databases or NoSQL systems including Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, MongoDB, Cassandra, Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, MySQL, PostgreSQ
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.