About the Company
)builds AI Schools in underserved communities (AI Education Solution) and connects the graduates to AI job opportunities (AI Talent Solution). Fusemachines AI Schools run AI Microdegree® and Certificate programs in physical classrooms using it’s proprietary content and learning platform.
The Director of School Operations oversees the ongoing operations and implementation of Fusemachines AI School/Program in various colleges in Nepal. The successful candidate will be the primary point of contact for Fusemachines AI Schools, overseeing all operations, coordinating all related activities, identifying and developing high-value external relationships, promoting Fusemachines’ brand, and ensuring our schools successfully scale within their host countries.
This person must be ready to seek out opportunities for leadership and greater responsibility and must be proactive, competent, an excellent problem-solver, and ready to do what it takes to launch and scale this initiative.
• Serves as a thought-partner and a valued member of the school leadership team and establishes processes and operational manual to scale new franchise schools in different locations.
• End to end onboarding support for new franchise schools, including assistance with the management of tasks; training, opening strategy, brand transformation, and continued post-open support/training.
• Regular assessment and analysis of franchise schools performance and brand engagement and monitor, analyze and improve the efficiency of business.
• Ensures accurate collection and maintenance of student data, student feedbacks and school metrics. Analyzes data to identify need for further operational systems development and management.
• Sets clear, duplicatable, school-wide systems and routines and ensures that they are followed.
• Manages a team of part and full time operational employees and oversees all school operations and administration of multiple locations.
• Ensures that all safety and security protocols are in place and being followed, including all mandated drills, safety inspections, and health regulations.
• Creates a safe environment that is conducive to student learning and parent, staff, and faculty interactions.
• Track KPI's and monitor for potential signs of operational inefficiencies
• Clearly articulates a vision of operational excellence and expectations for each role on the Operations Team with a culture of ownership around those expectations.
Enrollment Management and Implementation
• Leads Operations Team to ensure enrollment systems for tracking inquiries, student applications, attrition data, and waitlists are clear, consistently updated, and proactively managed.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Finance management (budgeting, bookkeeping, checks payable, accounting, purchasing, payroll and vendor management)
Managing and exceeding all operational and administrative compliance mandates and protocols
Skills and Characteristics
• Post-graduate degree preferred; bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum 5 years work experience in education/edtech industry
• Experience and familiarity with Excel and Google platforms
• Careful attention to detail coupled with the ability to think and act strategically
• Strong organizational skills and follow-through
• Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated resourcefulness in problem-solving
• Exceptional communication (written and oral) and negotiation skills
• Experience managing teams to develop and implement systems and processes to increase effectiveness and efficiency
• Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and/or under the direction of senior management, as needed
• Flexible and able to multi-task coupled with the ability to set priorities and follow through with results
• Experience and enthusiasm for working with a small team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• A whatever-it-takes attitude; can make things happen even in the most inconvenient or unpredictable situations.
• Ability to travel and work from different locations/timezones
Fusemachines is an Equal Employment Opportunity compliant company.