Fusemachines is a leading AI strategy, talent, and education services provider. Founded by Sameer Maskey Ph.D., Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University, Fusemachines has a core mission of democratizing AI. With a presence in 4 countries (Nepal, the United States, Canada, and the Dominican Republic and more than 250 full-time employees) Fusemachines seeks to bring its global expertise in AI to transform companies around the world.
About the role
This is a remote, full-time position
Qualification and Experience:
- Must have a full-time degree in Computer Science or similar
- 8-10 years of work experience building web applications using PHP
- Understanding of object-oriented PHP programming and design patterns
- Knowledge of PHP web frameworks like Yii, Laravel, Zend, and CodeIgniter
- Hands-on experience in Slim framework
- Excellent PHP5, MVC, OO Experience, LAMP
- Experience with HTML, XML, CSS, DOM events, CSS pre-processing frameworks (like SASS)
- In-depth knowledge of MySQL and proficient in writing, optimizing SQL query with high performance
- Knowledge of NOSQL databases
- Experience creating scalable applications.
- Knowledge of NGINX
- Experience in Requirement Analysis, System Design, Test Design.
- Familiarity with Version control tools like Git
- Ability and experience in leading a team, experience with leading the team in at least one project
- Ability to design, build and work with RESTful Web Services in JSON and XML formats
- Solid understanding of Data Structure and Algorithms
- Experience of Agile Management System e.g. Jira & Confluence
- Documenting functional and non-functional technical requirements
- Familiarity with deployment process, AWS and various cloud services
- Ability to work independently or in a collaborative environment with a proactive attitude
- Strong problem solving and written and verbal communication skills in English
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.